September 2, 2012

Gettin' Inky With Birds of a Feather

I was so excited to finally get  my hands on the Birds of a Feather plate.  It's not new, but it's new to me. I just got it and couldn't wait to get inky with it.  I had a fun little play with distress inks and stains and this wonderful plate and this is the outcome of my play session.  I started by randomly stamping a jumbo tag with images from the set in black archival ink and then overlaid a vintage book page that I had stained with Picket Fence and Weathered Wood stains.  It created a nice vintage look that went nicely with the lovely vintage images from this plate.  All of the stamps used here are from Birds of a Feather with the exception of SOAR which is from the Quotes and Quotables plate.  

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Linda Coughlin, Guest Designer


3 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous tag... I love that sooty book page in amongst all that beautiful kraft and cardboard. Fabulous image allowed to speak for itself and the loveliest embellishing - wow, the lace at the top!!
Alison x

Joan said...

Love your tag! so much to look at and my all time fave Artistic Outpost stamps ........

Michelle Webb said...

What a fabulously gorgeous tag. The colours are lovely and the stamps, well I love them! Michelle x